Sunday, September 27, 2009

In which I make fun of JT


Here's another song:




There are many terrible puns, but until I get a lyricist this is the best I've got.  

There are a few fun things at play here--not sure how to improve this one without somehow bettering the sound.  I think a big part of making a decent recording is making sure to build some kind of rhythmic groove.  This facilitates staying in time and perhaps gives a better overall feel to the song.  It's a tough thing to do though, cause I'm just one person and I don't really have any percussion.  If I could lay down some drums + bass to play off of, then maybe these songs might turn out less amateur-ish.  Using phrases like "lay down some drums + bass" really makes me seem musically knowledgeable, so that helps too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment