Sunday, September 6, 2009

Handlin' the Mandolin

I aimed to do a George Jones type song, but I erred more toward Townes van Zandt and John Prine.  It came out okay, I think, but I never know how to write decent lyrics.  The pictures are fun.  I like the crazy color one of guitar-shot in Tracy Circle basement.  Then a photo-session with the cat!  Oh boy it's all happening here.  

I'd like to get a cleaner recording sound.  There's always all this background static even though my recording room is very quiet.  I'm not sure if I need a better microphone or a better interface, and both would be at least a hundred dollars.  And I will only spend a hundred dollars if the product was originally selling for more than twice that much.  As it stands, I'm not very motivated to work harder on a good mix when the sound quality isn't that great.  Too bad the lo-fi indie stuff isn't all the rage anymore.  Also too bad drums have regained popularity.  And I'll also lament the resurgence of singing on key and rhythmic precision.  I will blame the economy and by extension the President.  Keep him away from our kids.  




1 comment:

  1. It is great that you have a recording room. That's just great. I am totally with you on not spending 100 on something that wasn't originally twice as much, but a mic would probably be worth the scrilla. Maybe modify your room to limit natural reverb. That is unless you have great reverb. Keep it if you do. Awesome. Bye!

    ReplyDelete