Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One or two songs

It takes a long time to make the videos and then to upload them, so probably will just be one.

I wrote this one because lately I've been feeling like I can just say whatever I want in interactions with people at work.   It might seem like I just way whatever I want anyway, but the lack of boundaries has grown more noticeable.  It's very interesting to note that I can say just about anything, and the world doesn't end--I can always excuse myself.  There are no nightmare endings to situations, and even if there were, it wouldn't affect me at all.  So I suppose then, that it's a detachment from perhaps reality that's led me to feel that I'm in a cushioned world.  

The chords are neat--G to E--something I haven't played too much with.  Also, this song is in stereo!  Turn both your speakers on!  wow.  



The song is too slow--but I never write slow songs, so I think that's okay.  I don't like where it goes though.  I never meant to have so much emphasis on the "dimensions not understood" part, but that's how it landed.  I am too lazy to fix things.  Pretty much everything is made up in the first take and stays that way.  Gotta keep fresh.

I guess I'll put this other song up too.  I wanted to use the Bo Diddley beat, and I threw in some Tom Petty-type vocals.  I'm probably putting this up prematurely, cause again, each track was the first take.  The guitar solo is terrible, and then I got so off beat that I had to cut the rest of the track.  As it stands, I should have faded out at around 1:30, cause then it gets redundant and doesn't hold together.  Things fall apart.  So maybe don't listen that far in.  
It is about my girlfriend, but she wouldn't like me putting her pictures on the internet so here are more cat pictures.  Each one looks like she just woke up, which makes sense because she is always just waking up.  The song could be about her too I guess.




1 comment:

  1. Your kitty is totally adorable!
    You guys should come over and we can have a Kitty Cat playdate.

    ReplyDelete