Sunday, August 30, 2009

Now with Bass

That's right!  I've recently become the owner of a bass and bass amp.  It helps the songs sound a little better, and it's a great new instrument to learn.  I've always been drawn to bass because of so many years playing baritone horn.  It's been a decidedly fun instrument--although I have no patience to actually develop decent bass lines.   

I wrote this song in about an hour--but it's probably a rip-off of a few other songs.  Now that I think of it, the verse structure is pretty much the same as that Herman's Hermits song about the Kind of Hush all Over the World Tonight.  Whatever, they didn't even play their own instruments.  The background vocals are a little too much.  I wish my falcetto sounded remotely like Brian Wilson--I also wish I could sing on key.  If wishes were fishes then I would have two.  Two tasty fishes for tasty fish stew.  




Also, in other news, we saw Britney Spears this weekend.  It was pretty awesome.  We paid $40 for seats in the very back of BankNorth Celtic Super Dome and magically were comp'd Loge seats in the ~20th row.  It was cool enough to see a multiple #1's artist up close, but then--in spite of the clear lip-synching--the live band was fantastic.  I greatly enjoyed seeing the drummer serving up sixty-fourth flourishes and timely crashes and my eyes were on him whenever I got bored with dancing (often).  Also there were all sorts of circus performers which on their own made the ticket worthwhile.   In addition, there were three opening acts--each musically interesting and, I'm told, at least a little popular.  A nice boy-band number called 'One Call', some girl named K. Broadbridge or something who has songs on the radio, and Jordan Sparks who I guess is or was an American Idol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment