Sunday, January 31, 2010

So many love songs

Here's another romantic type song. It is a pretty bare waltz and a bad attempt at a story song. I guess I'm getting in the mood for valentines day. It's funny that I can be pretty caustic about human tendencies to verbalize the mundane over the profound--and then turn around and base my song-writing on the holiday times of year. I guess that's one of the many cons of my structure-less writing style...the main pro being that it's way more fun to make up words and melodies off-the-cuff. I imagine that it would feel better to work really hard on a piece and have it come out great than it would to do the same in one take. But I'm not sure. Is it better to win the lottery and buy a mansion or to earn the money for the same house through hard work?

I guess at some point I'll have to work hard at a song to see if there's a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment