Sunday, January 31, 2010

A few more songs

I haven't posted much lately as I spent most of December doing Christmas stuff and have spent most of January without very good internet connection. Before then I was averaging five songs a month I think, so I'm going to try and pick up the pace a little.

Cait got me an agogo and a tambourine for Christmas, and I make use of them in this song. I think it came out pretty okay--it's got a great verse chord progression, but the chorus isn't so hot. It needs to build more, maybe some better vocals or a different chorus melody. Maybe a bridge.

The verse goes like this : C E7/b Am Am/g F A7/g D7/f# G7 // C E7/b Am Am/g F G C
or something like that. So the bass has a nice descending and ascending walk through it.

Unfortunately I managed to record it in a weird key somehow. I don't know if I tuned my guitar to an odd pitch or messed up the speed or something. Thinking about it I might have messed with the speed. Anyway, after recording the guitar and vocals the only instrument I could easily get in tune was the ukulele and even then it doesn't sound all that great. So no bass on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment