Sunday, November 8, 2009


I don't get much time to record songs, so when I get a solid hour or two I like to make the most of it. The toughest part is trying to figure out what to sing about. I usually have two or three melodies wanting lyrics by the time I sit down to record, and I just have to sing whatever seems interesting or fun. I'm really lacking in lyric inspiration lately, so I reverted to my method of using a crossword clue for a song title. Today's crossword clue was: "Orchard Nightmare". Having grown up on an apple orchard, I thought the song title could be pertinent to my life. What exactly would an orchard nightmare be? Blight? A poorly-timed hail? A rainy pollination month? So many possibilities. Too bad I took it so fancifully. A song about a rainy pollination month would be pretty important, culturally.

2 comments:

  1. Paul and I got a real kick out of this. Evil Fruits! We should hang out soon! Are you going to come to our Thanksgiving feast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pete. Just exactly how does the accordian render a song more culturally important? Not sure what this means? Pat

    ReplyDelete